Saturday, February 8, 2020

A Visit to Anne Moody's Resting Place

By Roscoe Barnes III, PhD

Photo by Roscoe Barnes III

Today (2/8/20) I visited the burial site of Anne Moody. She is resting beside her mother in the Mt. Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery, Centreville, MS. Moody is always on my mind. I was driving along Highway 24 when I looked over at the gravesite and saw flowers near her grave. I stopped and took this picture.

#AnneMoody #ComingOfAgeinMississippi #CivilRights #PublicHistory #Mississippi #BlackHistory #BlackHistoryMonth #BlkTwitterstorians #Twitterstorians











No comments:

Post a Comment

84th commemoration of Rhythm Night Club fire slated for Saturday, April 27

Monroe Sago is pictured with the historical  marker that tells the story of the Rhythm  Night Club Fire. Monroe and his wife, Betty Monroe, ...