Monday, June 29, 2020

Wilkinson County Park: My Sanctuary on Sunday (6/28/2020)

By Roscoe Barnes III
Copyright (c) 2020

#Mississippi


Wilkinson County Park, Woodville, Miss.
Photo by Roscoe Barnes III (c)2020
--------------------

This is a wonderful place of prayer and reflection, even on a steamy hot and humid sunny day. On Saturday, June 27, 2020, I managed to squeeze in a 5-mile walk around the lake at Wilkinson County Park. It was hot but I completed my walk. On Sunday, the heat was unbearable. I tried to walk but stopped at 3 miles. I drank plenty of water to stay hydrated. After taking a short break, I went home. Sometimes we have to know our limits, even in beautiful places like the park.

#Mississippi #WilkinsonCountyPark



----------------------------------

ROSCOE BARNES III, Ph.D., is a writer, chaplain, historian, and former newspaper reporter. He is the author of more than a dozen books and Gospel tracts. For more information about his work and history, see his Personal Profile here or visit his website: http://www.roscoebarnes.net. Connect with him on Twitter (@roscoebarnes3) or by email: roscoebarnes3@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wiggins to share his story on MPB Radio

  James Wiggins will be interviewed this morning (4/16/24) by Desare Frazier of MPB's Morning Edition, which is aired Monday through Fri...