Friday, March 31, 2023

2023 Mississippi Public Humanities Awards Ceremony

 Event was held Friday, March 24, 2023, at the Two Museums in Jackson, Miss.


I'm pictured here with my friend, Teresa Farley, and
Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba.

Photos taken at the 2023 Mississippi Public Humanities Awards Ceremony held Friday, March 24, 2023, at the Two Museums in Jackson, Miss. I was honored as the winner of the 2023 Humanities Partner Award.

I was thrilled to be joined by my friend, Teresa Farley, and Devin Heath Sr., executive director of Visit Natchez. In addition to meeting other friends, historians, authors, and scholars, I had the pleasure of meeting Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba. I was also happy to see my friend Betty Jo Harris honored as a winner of the 2023 Humanities Teacher Awards.

We all had a great time. The ceremony was exciting, inspiring, and unforgettable! Many thanks to the Mississippi Humanities Council.

Photos by Devin Heath.

 I'm here with Devin Heath Sr., executive director of Visit Natchez.

 


I'm here with Betty Jo Harris, history teacher at Copiah-Lincoln Community College.











No comments:

Post a Comment

84th commemoration of Rhythm Night Club fire slated for Saturday, April 27

Monroe Sago is pictured with the historical  marker that tells the story of the Rhythm  Night Club Fire. Monroe and his wife, Betty Monroe, ...