Monday, March 11, 2024

Scott George and the Osage Singers perform at the Oscars


On Sunday, March 10, 2024, I had the pleasure of watching Osage member Scott George and the Osage Singers sing “Wahzhazhe: A Song for My People,” at the Oscars. George is a regular performer at Natchez Powwow. He composed the song, “Wahzhazhe,” which is featured in Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon.” In the film, it is performed in the closing dance scene by Osage tribal singers.

George’s song was nominated for Best Original Song. Unfortunately, the song did not win, but George and the Osage Singers gave a great performance at the Oscars, which I found to be powerful and deeply moving. I loved the standing ovation they received.

Now I can’t wait to see George when he returns to Mississippi for a performance at Natchez Powwow. I am so happy for him and the Osage Singers.

To see the performance, visit this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

84th commemoration of Rhythm Night Club fire slated for Saturday, April 27

Monroe Sago is pictured with the historical  marker that tells the story of the Rhythm  Night Club Fire. Monroe and his wife, Betty Monroe, ...