Sunday, March 8, 2020

Remembering Croft Pentz, a Staunch Believer in the Power of the Gospel in Print

By Roscoe Barnes III, PhD
Copyright (c) 2020
Author, The Guide to Effective Gospel Tract Ministry

#CroftPentz
#GospelTracts

Croft Pentz
(1931 - 2008)

Croft Pentz was an Assemblies of God preacher who was known for his snappy sayings, his ministry to the deaf, and his special ironclad belief in the power of gospel tracts. In 1997, when I worked as a reporter for The Record Herald (Waynesboro, Pa.), I had the privilege of interviewing him. We became good friends.

When I came to Mississippi in 2013, I began working as a prison chaplain. One day, while looking around my new office, I saw a gospel tract in the desk drawer. I picked it up. When I turned it over, I saw the author was Croft Pentz. I smiled.

Take a moment and read his story, which I wrote in 1997. It's titled, "Croft Pentz uses the printed page to preach the Gospel: Through his writings, Pentz speaks to millions."

See it here or follow this link:

https://figshare.com/articles/Croft_Pentz_uses_the_printed_page_to_preach_the_Gospel_Through_his_writings_Pentz_speaks_to_millions/4644505


No comments:

Post a Comment

84th commemoration of Rhythm Night Club fire slated for Saturday, April 27

Monroe Sago is pictured with the historical  marker that tells the story of the Rhythm  Night Club Fire. Monroe and his wife, Betty Monroe, ...